Loading...
Loading...
CNOOC launches Shenmu-Anping coalbed methane pipeline

CNOOC launches Shenmu-Anping coalbed methane pipeline

CNOOC has announced the Shenmu-Anping coalbed methane pipeline is ready for operation in China.

The 623km pipeline, the longest of its kind in China – starting from Shenmu, Yulin City of Shanxi Province and ending at Anping County, Hengshui City of Hebei Province –  has a designed gas transmission capacity of 5 bcm per year.

It will effectively release the production capacity of upstream projects, help to maximise the resource value of the two unconventional natural gas production bases in the Qinshui Basin and the eastern edge of the Erdos Basin and strongly support the natural gas supply in North China.

The pipeline will further enhance the company’s capacity to ensure stable supply of clean energy, contributing to its green and low-carbon transition.

It was built, and will be operated, by Zhonglian Huarui Natural Gas Co. As a joint venture partner, China United Coalbed Methane Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of CNOOC,  holds 51% interest in Zhonglian Huarui Natural Gas Co. with Huasheng Xinneng Gas Group Co. holding the remaining 49% interest.

... to continue reading you must be a member

Become a member today

To gain access to this article and all our other content, you will need to become a member. 

From a customisable news feed with topics and regions, exclusive interviews and authoritative columnists, becoming a member is the only way to stay up to date with all the latest developments in this dynamic and fast-growing region.

Please wait...